Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Infertility Ettiquette

A great resource for couples dealing with infertility is the National Infertility Association also known as RESOLVE.

The first time I read through their website was about a year ago when we were having our failed artificial insemination procedures. I must say I cried through every article I read. I was a complete mess, and Austin kept looking at me like I was crazy since I really don't cry very often. It was nice to be able to say to myself, though:
"Yes, I can relate to that. That is exactly how I feel."

Well, that said, I decided to revisit their website again today, and, though not overly emotional this time, I was able to find some information that I thought could be of value to people trying to understand the infertile world and what to say to console us during our difficult times. You can read this article on the RESOLVE website. The first half talks about what not to say. Funny thing, I think I've heard just about all of these at one time or another during our stuggles. The bottom half also is a good read because it offers some suggestions of ways to support and comfort your infertile friends. Please post any other resources you come across that are helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment