Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

What are we waiting for?

You've all been there before: waiting for the bus, waiting in line at the DMV, waiting at the doctor's office, waiting for your next paycheck, waiting for that special someone to call...

Well, what do you do to endure the waiting process? Do you doodle? Do you twiddle your thumbs? Do you study the faces around you and compare their appearance with yours? Well, you try to fill that waiting time with meaningful activities instead. However, somewhere beneath all the activities you often wonder when your time for waiting will end.

This is where I am at right now. It seems like my life is on hold for an indefinite period of time while I wait for the opportunity to become a mother. I am in a transition point in my life and I'm not quite sure what my purpose or role at this point should be. I am looking for meaning of where I fit in. Nevertheless, I just don't know where I do fit in right now. It's just hard.

So, until my dreams become a reality, I will keep on waiting. One of these times it will be my turn to have my number called in the waiting line of life.

3 comments:

  1. My heart hurts for you. If IVF never clicks for you guys have you considered adoption?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoption is a viable option. However, we want to make sure one door is closed before we open another door. There are many things to consider also in looking into adoption. For example, open vs. closed adoption, etc.
    We appreciate you bringing up the option of adoption. At this point, however, Amanda and I are focusing our resources on IVF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just caught up on reading your blog and I was heartbroken to hear the news. I'm so sorry. I pray that another opportunity comes your way. I am praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete